In addition to the application for admission, transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from all previously attended higher education institutions and universities and, if applicable, all essay credit documents, such as AP, CLEP, and DANTES transcripts. (Note: We automatically save your official UMS transcripts and other official documents sent to other UMS institutions.) All documents must be filed with the UMS Shared Processing Center, PO Box 412, Bangor, ME 04402-0412. Notification information is scanned and sent electronically to UMA for review and evaluation of the application. Visit our Ready To Apply page to start the application process! A student moving from another higher education institution or university must submit an application at least three months before the semester in which he or she wishes to start his or her studies. The application must contain a statement of the names and addresses of all high schools, post-secondary schools, junior colleges and universities that have been visited in the past. A transfer student would normally have to have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 to be admitted to the University of Maine at Augusta. SMCC is one of the institutions with which the UN already has transfer agreements that offer pathways to bachelor`s degrees. the GCCC programs covered by these agreements include business administration; English; history; Liberal studies; mathematics; political science; and science. We work closely with Maine`s Community Colleges to ensure a smooth transition to the AMU. Courses are regularly checked and the Equivalency Course transfer matrix is available to display performance values for course transfer.

We have made it easy to see which colleges have transfer agreements with SMCC and which programs are being transferred. To explore all the great options you have, visit our website to search for transfer agreements. Grades of “C” or higher are taken into account for transfer credits. Note: Some programs may have requirements for which a higher grade is required to pass. Maines Community Colleges have transfer agreements with many other colleges and universities — in Maine and across the country….